Friday 21 December 2012

MP supports place naming

Seaton's MP, Neil Parish, has endorsed our efforts to naming an open space in Seaton in honour of Thury-Harcourt. In an email to Graham Jones, he writes :-
Dear Mr Jones,
Thank you for your recent email regarding the open space commonly known as “The Public Realm”.
I would be very happy to support Seaton and District Twinning Association in their desire to name the area, either “Place Thury-Harcourt” after French usage, or the anglicised equivalent form of “Thury-Harcourt Place”.
I would be very happy for you to make public my support for the naming of “The Public Realm”. I am a big supporter of Seaton twinning with Thury-Harcourt in Normandy. I believe that the way to create greater understanding between ourselves and the continent is for exchanges to take place between individuals, rather than politicians pontificating on the matter!
I wish you a very Happy Christmas and hope that all goes well with the public consultation.
Yours sincerely,
Neil Parish
 
 

No comments: